A four-month programme with a wide range of studies and performance
Offering you great certification and countless performing opportunities to inspire and guide you in your development as a well-rounded and inspired musician. This course is open to students from all ages, background, and profession who is seeking to expand their knowledge and skills in music performance and education.
This course is specifically designed to assist with increased employability for anyone looking to pursue a career in teaching piano.
As a Professional Certificate in Piano Pedagogy student, you will focus on the development of piano technique and pedagogical skills in your course, through individual and group setting.
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
1. Curriculum Development for Instrumental Music Instruction
2. Music Pedagogy in Early Childhood
3. Virtual Teaching Guide and Resources for Music Pedagogy
4. Piano Examination Pedagogy
5. Piano Performance Study
6. Course Completion Jury
7. Fundamentals of Piano Pedagogy
View Course synopsis here
- Mode of Course provision:
- Average Student to Teacher Ratio:
Requirement for enrolment:
- Must be 17 or older
- At least Grade 8 in ABRSM Practical Examinations or Grade 8 in Trinity Practical Examinations or equivalent.
- At least Grade 5 in ABRSM Theory Examination or equivalent
- GCE O Levels in English or equivalent
- Assessment type:
- Practical & Written
Duration of Course
Full Time: 4 months
- Commencement date & end date:
- Terms or requirements of industrial attachment:
Professional Certificate in Piano Pedagogy, awarded by the Aureus Conservatory