A six-month programme with a wide range of studies and performance opportunities.
Offering you great certification and countless performing opportunities to inspire and guide you in your development as a well-rounded and inspired musician.
This course is open to students from all ages, background, and profession who is seeking to expand their knowledge and skills in music performance and education. This course is specifically designed to assist with increased employability for anyone looking to pursue a career in teaching a musical instrument.
As a Professional Certification student, you will focus on the development of technical and pedagogical skills in your course, through individual and group setting.
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
Professional Certificate in Music
Applied Pedagogy Studies
Introduction to Early childhood Education
Curriculum Development for Instrumental Music Instruction
Course Completion Jury
View Course synopsis here
- Mode of Course provision:
- Average Student to Teacher Ratio:
Requirement for enrolment:
- Must be 17 or older
- At least Grade 8 in ABRSM Practical Examinations or Grade 8 in Trinity Practical Examinations or equivalent.
- At least Grade 5 in ABRSM Theory Examination or equivalent
- GCE O Levels in English or equivalent
- Assessment type:
- Practical & Written
Duration of Course (full/part time basis)
Full Time: 6 months
Part Time : 24 months
- Commencement date & end date:
- Inaugural Targeted April 2019
- Terms or requirements of industrial attachment:
Professional Certificate in Music, awarded by the Aureus Conservatory