A four-month program with emphasis on fundamental principles of music education.
This course provides an essential overview of fundamental components needed to excel as a music educator. Students will be introduced to pedagogical aspects of teaching, curriculum development, and teaching psychology among others.
This course is open to students from all ages, background, and profession who are seeking to expand their knowledge and skills in music performance and education.
Students will undertake the following modules during their course of study.
1. Curriculum Development for Instrumental Music Instruction
2. Music Pedagogy in Early Childhood
3. Virtual Teaching Guide and Resources for Music Pedagogy
4. Examination Pedagogy
5. Keyboard Studies as Secondary Instrument
6. Course Completion Jury
View Course synopsis here
- Mode of Course provision:
- Average Student to Teacher Ratio:
Requirement for enrolment:
- Must be 17 or older
- At least Grade 8 in ABRSM Practical Examinations or Grade 8 in Trinity Practical Examinations or equivalent.
- At least Grade 5 in ABRSM Theory Examination or equivalent
- GCE O Levels in English or equivalent
- Assessment type:
- Practical & Written
Duration of Course:
Full Time: 4 months
Part Time: 24 months
- Commencement date & end date:
- Terms or requirements of industrial attachment:
Professional Certificate in Music Education, awarded by the Aureus Conservatory